Commando marines have been created in 1942 during the WWII, by the commander Kieffer. They have been trained in the Highlands by the english special forces: the SAS. They were the own French to land during the D-Day.
- commando Hubert: sub marin actions, hostage release
- commando de Penfenteyo:observation, neutralisation
- commando Trepel: sea assault, hostage release liberation
- commando de Monfort: observation, neutralisation
- commando Jaubert: sea assault, hostage release
- commando Kieffer: cyber war, drones
- commando Ponchardier: operational support
Twice a year, 200 soldiers from french navy,try to be one of the french special force commando marine. The 3 months of recruitment are divided into two parts. First one(STAC), eliminates during 3 weeks by the physical and psycologic tests. During these 3 weeks, they will only have to be running with their 15 kg backbag, and their 4 kg weapon.
For the final step of the first part, they will have to run 40km with their 15kg backbag and their weapon. After this 3 selection weeks, only the 20 best of them will stay, and will learn all the techniques and everything to be a good commando marine in the french special forces.
Commandos marine are 625 soldiers specializated in water fight. They have been trained by English SAS so they keep apparent signs from the English special forces. They are like, French SAS.